RACUS was founded in 1991 (it is registered in Saint Petersburg) on the initiative and with the support of a group of Russian state universities. Today the organization has 5 departments and representative offices in 58 countries in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, South America, the Commonwealth of Independent States (some of former USSR countries) and Europe as well as branch offices in 10 cities in the European part of Russia.
Our mission and activities: representing abroad, on the basis of outsourcing, the international departments of group of Russian state universities in several functions, including the holding of educational exhibitions, seminars and conferences; the creation and implementation of educational programs and projects, development of educational and research activities; contribution to the development of cooperation in the fields of science, education, health, culture, art, media, sports, tourism, etc., between educational institutions/organizations of the Russian Federation and other countries; training in Russian Universities highly qualified personnel for the global labor market; organization and support of all types of transnational education through the establishment of educational institutions/organizations in foreign countries, establishment of foreign branches of Russian educational institutions.
The main activities of "RACUS" are:
- Services for the organization of training for foreign citizens in higher and secondary specialized educational institutions of the Russian Federation;
- Admission of foreign citizens for studies in higher and secondary specialized educational institutions of the Russian Federation;
- Preparation and implementation of joint educational projects/programs with Russian and foreign universities;
- The creation of educational institutions in foreign countries;
- Creation of foreign branches of Russian educational institutions;
- Organizing of promotional activities of the higher and secondary specialized educational institutions of the Russian Federation in foreign countries, including in the media;
- Preparation and implementation of projects in the higher educational institutions by promoting new standards of teaching and training in programs in the priority and most sought fields in the global labor market, including educational programs with teaching in foreign languages (English, French, etc.);
- Providing consultation, legal and information services, representation, protection of rights and interests of foreign citizens in the Russian Federation.
All services provided by «RACUS» to international citizens in Russia are FREE OF CHARGE, except student’s actual expenses for getting to Russia and admission for study at Russian state universities. All above-mentioned services and activities of «RACUS» (i.e., representing Russian state universities abroad and enrolling international citizens for studies) are sponsored by the group of Russian state universities – members of «RACUS» association.
«RACUS» offers all interested candidates the opportunity of higher education in prestigious Russian state universities in more than 300 medical, technical, economic and humanitarian specialties and degree programs.
In 1991, the state universities started providing educational services for Russian and international citizens on a contractual (i.e., fee-paying) basis. A law was passed that, for the first time, allowed Russian state universities to enroll international students on a contractual basis that included partial payment for their education. It was during this time that a representative office of the International Bureau for University Studies was opened in Saint Petersburg. This organization enrolled international students from the Arab League member countries to study at Russian state universities. The activities of this organization developed rapidly, expanding into
The name RACUS is an abbreviation of its first four departments:
Russian-Asian Centre for
Russian-African Centre for
Russian-American Centre for
Department of the Commonwealth
of Independent States (CIS)
RACUS– Russian-African Center for University Services – represents Russian Universities in African countries. The Department organizes and carries out annual educational exhibitions “Study in Russia”; holds educational seminars and conferences for graduates; enrolls citizens of African counties to study at the state higher education establishments of Russia, prepares and carries out joint educational projects between Russian and African universities and colleges.
RACUS– Russian-American Center for University Services – represents Russian universities in South American countries. The department organizes and carries out annual “Study in
Department of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and Europe – represents Russian universities in the CIS countries and
For more than 20 years »RACUS» has been providing international students with professional assistance to get prestigious higher education at Russian state universities.
Annually international students from all countries of the world come to get higher education in Russia. What makes Russia such a popular study abroad destination?
We are glad to provide you with a wealth of choice from more than 200 medical, engineering, economic and humanities specialties.