Why do students come to get higher education in Russia?
1. To live in a unique country
- Russia is the biggest country in the world in terms of territory.
- Russia is a hospitable and a tolerant country; it is home to 160 different ethnic groups who live together in peace, and followers of all the biggest world religions.
- Russia possesses a unique cultural and historical heritage.
- Russia has no equal when it comes to the beauty of its natural landscapes and diversity of its architectural styles.
- Russia offers great opportunities for participating in sport at the most modern sports grounds and for attending sports events of international status; Russia will host the 2014 Winter Olympics (in Sochi) and the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- In Russia anyone can find a use for their talents and the opportunity to develop their creative abilities; students can get special rates on tickets at museums, theaters, cinemas, galleries, cafes, parks and many other places where they can spend free time with their friends.
2. To get prestigious higher education recognized all over the world
- The Russian higher education system is comprised of more than 650 state universities where about 9 million people st udy; more than 210 000 of these come from about 200 different countries.
- Russian higher educ ation offers a wealth of choice from more than 300 medical, engineering, economic and humanities specialties.
- Russian higher education is based on the world-renowned school of fundamental and applied science, at the base of which lie the great discoveries of Russian scientists, which determined the course of developments in world science for many centuries ahead.
- Russian higher education gives the possibility of access to the most modern laboratories and scientific-technical centers.
- Russian higher education guarantees quality and highly competent teaching personnel (on average 80% of professors hold PhD degrees).
- Russian higher education consists of prestigious universities with more than 100 years of history and globally-respected degrees which are recognized all over the world.
- The study of foreign citizens at Russian state universities is up to 80% subsidized by the Government of Russia, making it affordable (the average cost of an academic year, including accommodation in a student hostel, is 2500-4000 USD).
- International students entering a Russian state university through RACUS get all necessary professional support and guidance throughout the whole period of study (up to 7 years).
3. To learn Russian language
- The Russian language is one of the key languages of international communication. It is the most geographically widespread language of Eurasia, the most widely spoken among the Slavic languages, and the largest native language in Europe. More than 350 million people can speak Russian.
- Russian is one of six official languages of the United Nations. Russian is the official “language of space”. All astronauts learn Russian. Russian tourists travel to all corners of the globe; knowledge of Russian often helps those in the hospitality business to move up the career ladder.
- Russian language is beautiful and unique. Learning Russian will give you the opportunity to read the classic novels of prominent Russian writers in the original – Pushkin, Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Chekhov and many others. It will also help you better understand the Russian culture and the mysterious Russian soul.
Welcome to study in Russia!
If you like to study in Russia you may share your opinion here.
Here you will find information about leading Russian state universities – members of the "RACUS" group.
We are glad to provide you with a wealth of choice from more than 200 medical, engineering, economic and humanities specialties.